You will be amazed by the array of institutionally supported student activities available for your enrichment and enjoyment. Perhaps your biggest challenge is deciding how much extra time you have after studying and which added activities yield the greatest reward. Many NGOs exist in our area and around the world where you can participate.
Becoming involved in student life has a positive impact on student satisfaction and academic success?
- Grow your self-esteem: When students pursue their special interests through cocurricular activities, it can be a real boost to self-esteem. Academic achievement can certainly be a source of affirmation and satisfaction, but it’s nice to have additional activities that validate your special contributions to the society and the world in other ways.
- Grow your social connections: When students are involved in cocurricular activities, they usually interact with others, which means meeting new people, developing social skills, and being a part of a community. It’s always good to have friends who share your interests in the language and the faith and to develop these relationships over time.
- Develop a portfolio of experience: Experience with just about any aspect of college life may be relevant to a prospective employer. If you gain leadership experience with your classmates for example, be sure to document what you did so you can refer to it.
- Have halal fun and lead to good feelings: Students typically pursue cocurricular activities because the activities are enjoyable and personally rewarding. Having halal fun is also a good way to balance the stress of meeting academic deadlines and studying intensely. It is most fulfilling you you work hard for an honorable goal.
- Be aware of national and world events and activities: The multicultural nature of Alqarawiyyeen University is reflected and celebrated. You will see this not only in the classroom but also in the cocurricular activities, organizations, and events. Students are encouraged to have connections and participate in surrounding organizations and worldwide organizations and events. Having access to these resources gives students the opportunity to explore different cultures and prepare to live, work, and thrive in a vibrantly diverse world. We want to make an impact, be part of it.
- Tap into your personal interests: Cocurricular programs and activities encourage students to explore personal interests and passions.
- Build great personalities: we encourage our students to develop their own independent thinking and style rather than copy others. Each person has been blessed by Allah with their own abilities.